Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pretty Pottery and Beth is Back on the Blog!

So this past weekend was supposed to be the first weekend of spring, but alas, no. No spring for us. It snowed instead. The most gigantic flakes were dancing from the sky in swirls and rhythmic flops all day. Gorgeous, but it's supposed to be spring time!Along with the snow came an old friend! It's been just over a year since Brian and I last saw Beth, when we were in the airport in Nelson, New Zealand, seeing her off to Canada just before Brian and I started our bike tour of the south island. Now that we're all back in the northern hemisphere, Beth stayed with us for the weekend, where she was entertained by all the shops on Baker Street, a yoga therapy session with me, and meals a-la-New Zealand (not Kiwi meals, but meals that I made frequently for Beth and I on our travels there, like curry medley). I also broke out my yoga-conscious-cookies and Britt's recipe for guacamole: Beth and I also laughed about some of the more hilarious memories from our travels, such as the little girl with the cow's eyeball touching all our stuff, or the time I changed my maxi-pad on the beach (I don't think I included a description of that one on my blog, as it may have been a bit over the top for new readers of my travels, but in my defence there were no washrooms!). With all the food, yoga, and laughter, the weekend was over before we knew it. Thanks for coming out Beth!
* * * * *
Last night was the last night of my 12-week pottery class, whereby I got to replicate the timeless pottery scene from the movie Ghost. Well, not quite. Brian wasn't part of this class, sadly. However, my creative hands produced three mugs and five bowls. I am literally in love with my choice of glaze... I'm afraid I might just have a new hobby to add to the big list of things I love to do.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 a.m., March 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee, these are gorgeous! I love the mug. It's so chubby and cute. Perfect for hot homemade cocoa. I need to take a pottery class. I took one when I was a little kid but I think we only made finger bowls. I'd love how messy the wheel would be! I'll put it on the top of my Tera list when I get back.
Thanks for the response to my journal blog. YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Love t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home