Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A tragic time...

Yesterday, Brian and I attended my grandma's funeral in Chilliwack, BC. The funeral was beautiful; full of loving, warm energy. There were people there I hadn't seen in many, many years - so long in fact, that some distant relatives thought I was my mom (apparently, I look just like she did when she was my age). Everyone told fun stories of Grandma, and we even got to watch some old video footage from my grandpa's collection of family memories: a big stroodle-making session in Grandma's kitchen, and then the feast that followed. It was really great to see the family together and to reconnect with loved ones. At the same time of our celebration of Grandma Montie's life, however, my uncle on the other side of my family had become very ill, and by the end of the day, passed away. He just returned from a vivacious four-week vacation with his wife, my aunt, and my parents. He also just turned 65 last week. It was within three days that he felt ill and deteriorated to such a state that his body gave in. Uncle Bert. I can't really believe it. I don't know what else to say. It doesn't feel real at this point. Such a sudden thing.

1 Comments:

At 6:30 p.m., February 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...sigh...

Sorry Dee.

Not much else to say right now.

Take care of you; thinking of you.

HUG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home