Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Frozen Car

I just got back from an hour and a half yoga class in town. The class was great! My teacher focused on relaxing and opening the neck and shoulders, and it seemed like all the stress from the day melted onto my yoga mat. When I got back to my car and tried to enter, the keyhole wouldn't budge. It appears the sudden drop in temperature today created a bit of an extra lock on our car that prevents not only theives from entering, but also me! Rusty, The Frozen Car..... This could be construed as a chicken and egg situation: I was able to remain calm about the issue because I had just come from a long yoga class, but on the other hand, had I not gone to the yoga class, the car would have remained in the safety of our heated garage. Hmm... Anyway, with a clear and calm mind I figured the trunk lock must not be in the same situation, and low-and-behold it was not frozen. So, opening the hatch and crawling into the trunk probably looked just as funny as me crawling past all our recycling bins and up and over the two front seats. I laughed as I thought, "Well, it's a good thing I'm flexible from my yoga class" as I maneuvered my long legs over the gear shifter and under the steering wheel. I had to sit for ten minutes revving the engine a bit to heat up the inside of the car. It seems a bit of moisture (from our recycling?) was the cause for a thin layer of ice on the inside of all the windows. And, guess what? the windows were frozen shut too. Geeze Louise, who'd of thought getting home from yoga was going to be such a chore? I did manage to make it out of the parking lot, eventually, and about half way home, I tugged lightly on the door lock and - click! - left it unlocked so I could exit the car in a normal fashion once safely back in the warm and cozy garage. Anyone looking to buy me a stupid gift can take pleasure in sending me this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home