Wednesday, November 21, 2007

William Shatner???

I am consolidating the music of Brian with the music of Dee on our external hard drive. Upon a quick search of Brian's 3396 musical selections, I spot none other than William Shatner's album Has Been. Say WHAT?! I immediately questioned Brian regarding this odd choice, and he pointed me in the direction of his favourite song, "I Can't Get Behind That". I don't thing I can get behind listening to William Shatner - ahem, Captain Kurk - sing. It's just not right. Better things on the go include us moving into a house on the lake near Nelson, BC. It's a house-sitting gig, and it's fabulous. Anyone interested in our phone number and address so you can come visit and go skiing with us, just fire me an email and I'll give you the deets. In between Edmonton (my last blog entry) and the present, we drove the car (Brian's car, Rusty) to Calgary and Banff to visit family and friends. Congratulations to Chris (the bloke in the middle, above) for winning his first game of Siedler in my presence, and to Brian and to Chad (the bloke on the right end, above) for witnessing such an extraordinary event. A couple days later, we drove Rusty through three hours of snow, and three more hours of rain plus a ferry ride until we arrived in Nelson, BC. Within a day in Nelson, we secured a place to house sit for the winter, and before we knew it we were on the road again, but this time towards Chilliwack to see my family and friends once more and pick up all my loot, including my car, Johnny, who incidentally still works..... sort of. When we picked him up, he was pretty dirty, a little smelly inside (but from moisture, not dead mice, thankfully), and his right turn signal wouldn't work at all. By the next morning, and about 50 kilometres down the road, he warmed up a bit and the turn signal began working intermittently, and now that we're back in Nelson, his signals are working perfectly. I love you Johnny but you suck gas like a kid sucking on a Slurpee intending for hard core brain freeze. In fact, he sucks almost exactly twice as much as Rusty; we counted. Yeeouch. Anyone want to purchase a gas guzzling 1981 Pontiac Grande Lemans? He's real pretty and the engine is stellar. Any takers? Going backwards here for the last bit of this blog entry -- while in Vancouver, my brother ran the 10k UBC Fall Classic. I don't think Greg would classify himself as a runner (in fact, I think I overheard him say that he trained using his hiking boots only one week before the race, and then bought some running shoes two days before). His lack of proper preparation lead us to believe he would be sucking wind and may not even finish the race, but indeed Greg showed us all that procrastination doesn't always lead to disaster. Not only did he finish the race, but did it smiling, and in 52 minutes! I'll admit that some of Greg's success could be due to the fact that Brian decided to be Greg's 'Support Van' and ran with him keeping his mind on jokes instead of the pain. Check out Greg's super finish in the video:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home