Thursday, September 27, 2007

Free Internet in Bandon, Oregon

Whoah. FREE INTERNET in a cafe? That is definitely a first on our travels. And the coffee is good too! It feels like it has been weeks since I last wrote on this blog. I am finding it extremely difficult to get online - first because when we go through towns with internet cafes it's usually lunch time and I'd rather eat lots of food and have a comatose nap than spend an hour indoors on the computer. Secondly, when we stop for the evening it's usually at a hiker/biker campsite in a State Park, which are usually located nowhere near an internet cafe. Regardless, I'm taking advantage of this cafe, and the free usage of the internet to say that I'd rather go sit on the phat leather couch watching race car driving on the flat screen while sipping at my soy coffee than sit here on the computer too long. I'm sure you all understand. Next time we take a day off in a place with the internet, I'll post some cool pictures and tell you all the stories from the past week (Sneak Preview: Fun 'Warm Showers' folks, a new bike seat for my sore bum (but still no blisters), big and beautiful sandy beaches, strong headwinds causing us to ride 3.5 mph (ugh) downhill (double ugh), the cutest town called Ferndale, sketchy motels, and Dairy Queen blizzards in the morning...) Just before I go: we passed the 500 mile mark yesterday, so we're well on our way, and almost halfway done our trip. My thighs are monstrous. View Larger Map

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home