Thursday, August 30, 2007

The last 24 hours in NZ

Man, how did this happen? How is it that it is time for me to go back to Canada?... "But I'm not finished yet." Finished what, I dunno, but I'm not done yet. So, I guess this means that should there be an opportunity to come back to NZ, I'd take it faster than you could say, "Whakatani" (pronounced Fah-kah-taan-ee). The next hours for me are to be spent in the sunshine, watching the ocean, drinking beers with friends at the Boat House (anyone in Nelson right now wanting to join in are invited to come and enjoy 5:30 onwards). After the beer wears off and one last sleep, I'll go to the Nelson Saturday Market in the morning and drink strong coffee and then all of a sudden I'll be on my 22-hour journey back to Vancouver. The next time I write on this blog, I'll probably be in the Wack at my parents' place all weirded out with people driving on the wrong side of the road and everyone I meet not having an accent. And of course, I'll be wishing I was still in New Zealand. -- hey, wait a minute! I am still in New Zealand! So, I'll get off this computer and get out and absorb as much as I can. Adios.

4 Comments:

At 1:33 p.m., September 01, 2007, Blogger SB said...

oh Dee Dee Dee,

yes, it's true, i have to say good bye to people all the time, but I hate it, damn it! I'm very very sad to see both you and Brian leaving this fine piece of the world for who knows how long. it's just not right! That being said, I'm sure it's meant to be and I wish you two nothing but joy, greatness, love, laughs, and wicked bike rides. All my love to you, and I hope hope hope with all my heart to see you again one day. happy travels to you happy campers! love stacy xoxo

 
At 12:28 p.m., September 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to have you home

(heart)
(smile)
(hug)

can't wait to see you

 
At 12:29 p.m., September 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. where's the [gag] blanket?

 
At 5:57 p.m., September 10, 2007, Blogger uncle brian said...

Lay off my blankie, would ya! It has a certain charm about it that is difficult to grasp unless you are in its presence. And don't you worry, everyone will get their turn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home