Monday, June 25, 2007

Days off are as sweet as lollipops

This is my first day off after six days of BIG ARSE SALE DAYS at the ol' gear store, and I have to say, I'm pooped. My intentions were to sleep in really late this morning and then wake myself up at 11:00 AM with a strong coffee, but my body woke up at 6:30 AM instead, and I drank a softer tea rather than the harsh coffee. So, the day hasn't gone quite as planned, but the idea of an unplanned day is so satisfying, isn't it? Except, I made a rather lengthy 'to do' list while eating eggs for breakfast and now I find myself trying to fit too many things into this supposedly unplanned day. How does that happen? But, the only real scheduled event is a hair cut at 2:30 this afternoon, and it should prove to be interesting because I don't have much hair to cut but I feel the need to clean the shag a smidgen because I have a job interview on Thursday(!) and I think I should look rather spiffy. The sales gig is probably going to end rather soon, so I figured I'd better find another way to support our necessity for nourishment (Hey Sarah, isn't this your favourite word? heh heh heh - she's going to peg me for that one). The job I'm hoping to land is for a Community Recreation Coordinator position at the local District Council. Wish me luck. I'm hoping that I won't have to resort to becoming a M.Sc. Barista at Starbucks. The things on my 'to do' list are rapidly decreasing; I've been rather quick and efficient this morning including washing our bed sheets and putting them out on the line. The only problem with the sheets now is whether they will dry when there is frost on the ground and a big block of ice in the bucket that used to have liquid in it yesterday. Me thinks no for the poor sheets, but the sun has just poked out over the mountain and hopefully will bring the air temperature up to a level just high enough to dry out all our laundry in time to put the sheets back on the bed and retire for the evening. Not having a clothes dryer is awesome. One last story before I go: Yesterday, Brian and I were rushing around in the morning in fear of being late for work. We hopped in the car and bolted down the country road at a rate I calculated to be fast enough to get us to work on time... when suddenly we had to slow down to a crawl because of a traffic jam - a cow traffic jam. About twenty soft, young cows were gallivanting along the pavement apparently looking for the hole in the fence that allowed them their so-called fifteen minutes of freedom. The cows, startled a bit by our oncoming car, began to run down the road in the same direction we wanted to go. So instead of being able to drive around the cows and move on, we had to follow them down the road for a while at a cow's running pace before I managed a bit of rally racing technique to dodge them safely and leave them in the dust, and make it to work right on time. You know, cows look really awkward when they run. It can't be good for the joints.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 p.m., June 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee, darlink. I guess your sneaky insertion of the word "nourishment" is kind of like the time I told everyone to snap their fingers a lot at you for your birthday, because you really, really like it.

Snappily,
Sarah

 
At 4:34 p.m., June 27, 2007, Blogger Dee said...

You know, the funny thing here is that I was going to use that story in my blog to idicate just how much A) you hate the word 'nourishment', and B) to show how evil you can be...

Thanks for being so snappy on the subject.

Dee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home