Saturday, June 02, 2007

Chicken Pox

The following quotes are entirely made up, but the content is true. Dee: "So, Brian, besides getting officially engaged, what else did you get?" Brian: "Um... the chicken pox." Yes, the chicken pox: little itchy red marks spaced nicely apart on his body. Good thing I had the chicken pox when I was six. Instead of spreading chicken pox to the residents of Nelson, we rented a bunch of movies to get us by as we stay locked up in Craig and Hazel's house. Try this on for size - we got a movie rental deal that will swipe your socks off! Ten movies for ten days for ten bucks. That's one heck of a steal! Tonight's showing will be Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels at 7:35 PM in the living room; popcorn and beer will be free. We feel awfully bad about having a contagious agent in Craig and Hazel's house. Craig is coming back to Nelson for the next few days, and he can't even stay in his own home because it's too much of a risk spreading the pox to the rest of his family when he goes back to Wellington. Instead, he's going to stay with his uncle here in Nelson, and will likely be calling us on his cell phone to say a hearty hello when he's out on the open ocean fishing without us. Craig, you just remember the three good luck charms you had on the boat when we caught that 95-cm king fish! How do you go to job interviews when you have the chicken pox? I'm thinking you stay home and suggest a phone interview. Speaking of jobs, do you think you'd hire me at the Kathmandu store if my application form included the following? Reasons for seeking employment: To be brutally honest, I've run out of travelling funds, and after six months of tenting, food made in a single pot, and being completely exposed to the elements, I'm looking for a nice place to settle, a fun job for a few months, and my own oven so I can learn how to make apple pies... I'd hire anyone wanting to make apple pies. The last bike trip update.... Brian did a tally of the number of kilometres we rode, and the total comes to a whopping 1530 km. Nice. That's like riding from Edmonton to Chilliwack. Maybe we should do that when we get back to Canada.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 a.m., June 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be a stickler at details, but I'm and engineer so I will stickle. EDM to CHWK is exactly 1050 kms. So, my dear sis, you effectively rode from Edmonton to Chilliwack and then onto Nelson BC. That's pretty wierd how those numbers and places work out. I'd like to see you guys do that back here in Canada.

G

 
At 1:39 p.m., June 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. That's a lotta kms when you add 'em up! Sorry to hear about the ol' C-pox onslaught. Not nice!

Feel better soon, Brian!

-sp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home