Friday, May 11, 2007

Apparently, Bee Stings Run in the Family

I haven't been stung by a bee or wasp since the summer of 1996, when I drove a small Toyota work truck into a tree stump while going 7km/h as I tried to swat the culprit away from my thigh. Obviously the pain of having caused a small crash on my - gulp - first day of work at the Provincial Park was much greater than the measly little bee sting on my thigh. Other than that, bee stings haven't been an issue since I was a wee girl, and my memory of painful stings from that time has sufficiently faded. And last Tuesday, as you may have already read, I was stung on the right side of my neck during our afternoon ride. Apparently, bee stings run in the family because my brother, who was riding a motorcycle back in Canada, got a bee sting on the right side of his neck on the very same day, a few mere hours earlier! What are the odds? If I had more time, I'd actually look up the odds of getting a bee sting, and calculate what the chances are of me and Greg both getting stung on the same day while whizzing down a road, but I've got open road ahead of me and maybe a coffee to get me started, so I should go drink some java. -- I just found out that my mom has broken her femur and is in the hospital. I'd like to ask any of you reading this to send positive and healing thoughts to Pam, my mom, in Chilliwack, BC. I wish I could be there with my family, but for now I'll send healing energy and love her way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home