Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mountain Biking in Maitai Valley

The fun just got started after the toque ordeal... Brian and I wanted to take our bikes out for a mountain bike ride so I could get used to single track trails and riding up steep hills again. But first, we stopped for a quick ride with the locals at the grocery store. The trails were awesome, and I felt more comfortable on the bike than I thought I would considering I had not ridden much since I fell off my bike and broke my elbow a few months back. Feeling rather stellar and overconfident, I told Brian to get a photo of me doing a pop-a-wheelie on my bike, but the picture looks like I am just pulling up the handle bars with one leg safe on the ground for stability. Oh well, next time I'll be more hard core.
After the failed attempt at a pop-a-wheelie, I told Brian to do a big burnout and I'd video record it on his camera. Well... here's how it turned out: Not quite the burn out that I anticipated, but I thought it was rather funny that he 'peeled out' and then stopped to look back at me as though he were saying, "Did you get it? Did you get it?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home