Friday, December 22, 2006

Omapere

We stopped in Omapere to look for a place to *maybe* sleep in our cars. But the rain was pounding so heavily that we decided it was best to just spend the twenty bucks for a dry bed and a nice kitchen at the Globetrotters Hostel. After the perfect bowl of soup and sandwich, I went for a walk on the beach to take some pictures of the rain clouds. I stumbled upon an overturned car. Beth showed up and I began to experiment with my camera by twisting the lens as I pressed the shutter button. I like the effect! I like the effect on the sunset too.... The following morning, we got up at 5:30 AM to go to the lookout to see the morning light come. It was cold and windy, but beautiful... Later that day, we stopped at another lookout on the main highway to have a hood picnic. It was the best lunch we've had in a while. We found these potato chips we really like, and now we can't stop eating them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home