Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's raining eggs?

This morning, I left Tokoroa and Hans and Elaine, Birgit and Hector (the van), and Graham (the wonderful handiman fixing Elaines roof). Before I hopped on the bus to Auckland, I took a photo of that heart sticker on Hector's rear end. The computer I am currently using is not being very useful right now and won't upload my photo. So, I'll republish this page later when I can get the picture online. The bus ride to Auckland was pretty much uneventful, with the exception of having to pee like crazy when we were stuck in Auckland rush hour... At the end of the line, I got off the bus, and after a pee break, I started to walk up the street towards the backpackers in Ponsonby when suddenly something made a weird cracking sound and there was wet, orange, oozing stuff all over my bag and my hand. What the??? I looked around and realized that the remaining evidence on the sidewalk was egg shells and that I had indeed been EGGED! Little bastards. But I laughed and thought, "What are the chances of getting egged in Auckland?... This will be a good story for my blog." I've checked in to the neatest hostel in Auckland called Verandah's. The guy who runs the place, Campbell, is really nice and has offered plenty of advice with respect to purchasing used cars and where to go for beers and trivia night! My friend Beth arrives tomorrow morning. I'm going to get up real early and meet up with her down town and show her the ropes... Once we decide what to do about a car, we will make plans from there. I'm going to go wipe off the dried egg goop off my pack and then head out for beers. I hope I don't get egged again tomorrow (but if I did, that would make my story even more strange). I'll stay away from the street where the egg-tossing crime occurred to lessen my chances of getting pelted with goop. Goodness gracious!

1 Comments:

At 4:50 p.m., December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, you do not know me, but you got to know Birgit. Therefore I watched your blog several days. And I enjoyed reading your stories, especially this story. Greetings from cold old Germany.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home