Sunday, November 26, 2006

The first journey..

My first sushi lunch in NZ was kinda gross because the tuna was like a tuna sandwich, but the cool part was the 'fish' container for the soya sauce. See the fish thing at the bottom of the photo.
After lunch, Birgit and I hopped on the bus tickets to Tokoroa from Auckland for $40 NZ. The bus was this huge double decker, but not red and old like the ones in England. We sat on the top floor taking random pictures of things whizzing by (the speed limit in NZ is 100 kph unless otherwise stated, which almost never happens). Here's a few photos of the road trip to get an idea of what the country side on the North Island looks like. The first photo is classic!

At a corner store in Tokoroa, across the street from the high school, I purchased a "Large Lunch Pack" consisting of some interesting treats. I passed on ingesting the 'cheesey balls'.

After my snack, Birgit and I wandered around town waiting for her friend, Hans, to return to his house so we could meet him. We walked and walked, finally discovering that the town essentially closes down on Sundays. After walking back to the haus of Hans (and he was home!), all I wanted to do was sit down, drop my bag, and give my feet a rest. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home