Monday, November 06, 2006

On the search for bandannas

I walked down through the rather scary area of East and West Hastings Street in Vancouver to drop into the Army and Navy store on my search for some bandannas, an item I think may be useful on my trip as a head-protector/non-fashionable hat, a reusable Kleenex, a towel, a classic eighties sweatband, or an all-purpose rag of sorts. It is quite possible that if I wear a bandanna around my neck, I think I could look as cute as this pooch. After buying two bandannas at $1.99 each, I felt like I had achieved my intended goal and was ready to leave Army and Navy and wander around the rest of down town to see what there was to see. After meandering along the streets people watching and getting hungry looking in the windows of all the pizza restaurants, I spent about half an hour in the Pacific Centre looking for more bandannas, and trying on jeans. Shopping for jeans is probably my least favourite thing to do since they never fit, but I found myself scoping out different stores in hopes that someone out there has designed a pair of jeans just for me!.... No such luck. And, to make matters worse, I left my Army and Navy shopping bag in one of the changing rooms, and when I went back to the stores, it was gone. So, I've returned to my brother's place empty handed, thirsty, famished, and am in need of a big, cozy couch to lounge on and put my feet up. Now I remember why I don't like shopping.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 p.m., November 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dee, There was an add on your blog for cheap bandanas!
http://www.tansclub.com/?gclid=CNHmvej0u4gCFQx1YAoddE-X1A
Mabey your ads could be useful for you -- just blog your search and see what it suggests!

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home