Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lamb, anyone?

Yesterday was a great day. After our work, Beth and I went to the beach and relaxed. I did an hour and a half of yoga. So nice.
I took photos of the oranges at Gerlinde's: Beth took a swing near the river: And we bottled some beer:
Last night, we had the best pizza EVER. Homemade pizza dough, plenty of selected toppings including feta cheese, and cooked in the dandiest outdoor pizza brick oven. How sweet is that? SUPER SWEET! This morning, we're getting ready to leave Gerlinde's farm and head to the next one. Beth just informed me that we are leaving just in time because there is a lamb in the slow cooker, and both Beth and I cannot stand the smell of lamb cooking. Yuck, pah-tooie, and gross me out. I suppose we came to the wrong country. We've had such a great time at our first WWOOFing experience, and we're looking forward to the next destination: Long Flat Bottom on Takahue Road near Kaitaia (still in the far north). The farm grows potatoes and garlic. Mmmm-mmm. Everything is going really well with the exception of minor sunburns.... Beth... (hah hah hah). We'll buy some more sunscreen before hitting the next farm.

1 Comments:

At 5:57 p.m., December 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygod...does lamb smell like liver when it's cooking? grossmeoutisright.

i wish i had a sunburn.

man. i am enjoying reading about your adventures. keep the writing coming.

i can't wait until you hit a highspeed connection and i get to see me some pictures....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home