Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'm diggin' the downhill

Our bikes have taken us to... where are we? Oh, yes, Murchison. We've gone about 60 kms already today, and have decided our bums are capable (barely) of surviving another 30 kms to the next campsite. We've got tuna sandwhiches to look forward to, so we should be fine... One of the exciting moments of today was stopping in at a pub in the middle of absolutely nowhere (as in, there was nothing else in this empty valley except one little pub), and I realized that I was craving meat for lunch, greasy meat. I fessed up to Brian, who looked as though my greasy desire had completely justified our biking partnership. Here's the yummy part: one of our burgers had bacon and a fried egg on it, plus cheese and a fat patty of beef. I never understood seeing hard core cyclists coming into greasy spoons ordering crap food, but now I get it. We're HUNGRY! And greasy food tastes way better than healthy goods, right? Yep, I'll keep telling myself that for the time being. Man, that burger was fan-freaking-tastic. Just after getting back on the road I told Brian that I had a piece of beef stuck in my wisdom tooth, and he said he'd just fished out a bit of a french fry a minute ago. Apparently, a great time killer while riding is doing the ol' search and rescue for food bits. I can see that. Well, I'm going to finish my drink, take a toilet break, and get my sore bum back on the saddle... I'll put some pictures on here later when I have more time. It's only been three days and I'm having a GREAT ride, I feel awesome on the bike, and Brian is looking pretty darned cute sitting at the next table reading the paper, sipping on a coffee. Hellloooooooo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home