Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Beauty of Anahata

The beauty of the simple prayer flags on the deck are a reflection of my time at Anahata. The wind and movement slowly defraying my internal stirring, allowing for stillness to rise in place. During my time at the retreat, I participated in three fire ceremonies (called havans). The most moving one for me was dedicated to the full moon and the lunar eclipse. Using a harmonium, we sang mantras related to Krishna. My favourite mantra is Hari Krisha, and if you meet up with me in person in the near future, I would be delighted to sing it for you (without the harmonium backup, of course, as those aren't so easy to fit into your pocket). Zac was incredible to watch as he let go of all inhibitions and sang from his inner most being. It was very powerful to be a part of this... The sun was shining onto us as we sang and I felt the vibrations of my voice from the deepest parts of my abdomen all the way up and out of my mouth and into the warm air. Caitlin's son, little Jaya, is the most adorable two year old, who seems to be sleeping blissfully every time I see him... After the fire ceremony, the full moon rose up above the ocean and the hills as the sky was slowly turning into darkness. I didn't sleep much that night. My eyes catching glimpses of silver light in my room and out on the land.

3 Comments:

At 11:21 a.m., March 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great post...how's the departure been?

how are you?

amazing pictures...the little boy is precious!

write more soon :)

 
At 8:54 p.m., March 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U take the most beautiful pics!!
I love them....keep on sending them!
Laura Street

 
At 10:06 a.m., April 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The heart sings out in love and beauty at the sight of these photos from "Anahata"!
Love blossoms everywhere!
Annie-Anahata

 

Post a Comment

<< Home