Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Advice Requested

A good friend of mine wrote and asked for advice, or rather reassurance, about her progress, or lack thereof, with the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy program we're both currently taking. It's an intense, time consuming, and life-encompassing journey added onto all the other stuff we seem to deem as important/stressful in our lives. I didn't write back right away, rather went to bed and thought about what I wanted to say that would be the most meaningful. Here's what I came up with this morning: Hi Lovely, At first, I thought about telling you hints and theories about how you might get back on that PRYT train once again. But then I thought, "Nah, that won't really be helpful; that's just my ego trying to fix your situation for you." Then I thought about telling you how I am experiencing something somewhat similar, but then I thought, "Nah, that won't really help you because it really isn't the same no matter how much I want to tell you that I haven't been devoting constant attention to this either." And then I thought about how life just tosses you these eggs and you feel you kind of have to catch them, even if they aren't the eggs you want to catch. I guess the hardest part is knowing that some of those eggs will fall to the ground and crack open and be lost (maybe become part of the earth again in compost style), but always know that more eggs will be tossed at you, always. And that you have a choice. So pick your eggs. Be okay with what you choose. And know that this whole process is something much deeper than everything and permeates into all of our egg-catching in some way (job, married life, fun times, sad times, etc.). So you're never really 'blowing it', we're always right here. Gawd-dammit, that was brilliant. If this is the result I'll get, I had better drink Bailey's in my coffee and not do yoga every morning! :)

1 Comments:

At 10:31 a.m., December 17, 2008, Blogger Soleil Hepner said...

Hi Dee - Soleil here, your mentor's mentor for the PRYT program!
Here Here, for BE-ing in the program, and living it, for indeed this process is permeating you.

As you suggest, the idea of CHOICE is actually week 4 in the PRYT for groups 8 week program (Turn Stress Into Bliss).

Now before you get to CHOICE there is AWARENESS - in which you say, "life just tosses you these eggs". And then you move to ACCEPTANCE - in which you add, "Be OK w/ what you choose".

With Acceptance & Awarenesss you can then make 'considered' choices rather then simply reacting.

So enjoy that Bailey's coffee - it is a choice (of the yummiest kind)!

For more about the 8 week program you can go to my NEW blog.
Stress To Success

In Yoga.
Soleil*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home